Since 1993, under the auspices of the Toronto Theatre Alliance (now TAPA) Picasso PRO – originally called DIS THIS! – has enjoyed several programming cycles under the leadership of Rose Jacobson:
1. DIS THIS! A satellite of the TTA’s Cross Cultural Caucus (1993 – 2001)
2. The Picasso Project: TTA in collaboration with SNIFF Inc. and Artistic Director Alex Bulmer (2001-04)
3. Picasso PRO: In collaboration with Equity Showcase Theatre (2005-2007)
4. Picasso PRO: Independent, ( 2007- 2008)
5. Picasso PRO/CT: In collaboration with Creative Trust (2009-2012)
6. Picasso PRO Collective: Independent/Partnerships (2012)
Over the past 19 years we have grown from a nucleus of 8 core artists to more than 50 active participants who have worked with 30 professional artists in teaching, mentoring and directing roles. Our accessible programs have engaged ASL Interpreters, audio describers, physical facilitators and captioning/tech support and we’ve worked with more than 40 active associates (organizations, producing companies, festivals, groups, collectives and community activists and advocates}.